WHAT IS CO-LIVING?
Co-living is a new concept in real estate allowing multiple tenants to rent and reside in 1 property. Homes are built to drive co-working environments and co-living spaces whilst offering private bedroom and bathroom areas.
Homes typical look like a suburban house from the outside, however are purpose-built on the inside to create co-living amenities, with private spaces for each tenant.
BENEFITS FOR LANDLORDS?
- Positive cash-flow from day 1
- Attractive rental returns providing multiple rental incomes (3 to 4 rents) on the 1 property.
- Co-living creates a community within your rental property, encouraging long term renters and better care of your property.
- Utilise all space & land within your investment property to ensure maximum return.
- Addresses the growing issue of affordability
- Houses contain upmarket co-living areas – living rooms, gardens and kitchens are spacious and provide modern facilities that would not normally be accessible to an individual renting by themselves.
- These properties provide a sense of community, addressing social problems of isolation.
- Key target markets include: new migrants, older Australians, millennials, young professionals, and international students.
CO-LIVING DREAM DEAL:
- Brand New Co-living Home
- 3 bed, 3 bath, 2 car, 1 media + 1 living
- 40 minutes drive south-west of Melbourne’s CBD
- Land size: 455m2
- Rental income: $900 per week
- Rental yield: 8%
- Price: $589,000